Who we are
We are a Hostel in São Miguel Island in the Azores. Our main goal is to help you enjoy the best of your holidays in our company. Hostel Procyon had its official address at Rua João do Rego, nº 76 9500-206 Ponta Delgada, Azores.
Our website address is: https://hostelprocyon.com.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Factory 76, lda needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Factory 76, lda permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Factory 76, lda legitimate interests
- Factory 76, lda needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Personal data. What is it and how it’s collected?
Personal data is information relative to an identified person or someone that is identifiable. The identification of the person can be done directly or indirectly. Personal data is also a combination of different information that can lead to the identification of a specific person.
Personal data examples:
- First and Last name;
- Passport of identification number;
- GPS data (mobile for example);
- IP address (internet protocol);
- Images or sounds.
Data can be collected directly (from our client directly) or indirectly (from our partnerships and others).
Use and Purposes of User Data Processing
Factory 76 processes the User Data for the following purposes:
• Provision of hostel services and associated services (bar, etc.);
• Contact management;
• Invoicing and billing;
• Registration on the website;
• Providing information to the User upon requests, about new products and services that have been made available on the site or at the hostel, special offers, and campaigns, updated information on Factory 76 business operations and, generally, for the purpose of marketing, using any means of communication;
• Ensuring that the site meets the User’s needs by developing and publishing content that is best adapted to the requests made and the type of User, improving the search capabilities and functionalities of the site and obtaining associated or statistical information regarding the user’s the profile (analysis of consumption profiles);
Hostel Procyon follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Like any other website, Hostel Procyon uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Note that Hostel Procyon has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Hostel Procyon does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 16. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
laws and regulations are applicable in Portugal.
The Azores, without prejudice to mandatory legal rules
Last Updated: March 10th of 2019