Furnas is located in São Miguel Island and it’s one of the most active places on the Island. Yes…active! Azores Islands are volcanic islands which means that there is still some volcanic activity going on in here. In Furnas, you will be able to see the phenomenon a bit everywhere: you have the vapors coming out of the ground – called Fumarolas; the water springs that you can actually taste; the hot thermal waters and the famous “cozido” meal cooked underground. During the day you will visit the Gorreana tea factory, several viewpoints in Furnas, try the “cozido” meal and also get to know the Terra Nostra Botanical Garden and have a hot bath.
Procyon or tourism office at Ponta Delgada city center.
Departure at 9h00 and returning at around 17h00
- Please bring swimwear, towel, sunblock, and your own reusable water bottle.
- Required a minimum of 2 participants.
- Lunch at a local restaurant included.
- Tour can be canceled on the day due to bad weather conditions, lack of participants or third parties issues.
- Pick up and drop available in the different meeting point (send us an email to know the extra cost)
If this activity is not bookable for the dates that you wich simply send us an email or talk to us on our alternative channels and we will help you arrange a solution.Book now